CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 26, 2009

In Memoriam

Since hearing of the news late yesterday I have been struggling to reconcile the image of the young Michael Jackson that I grew up listening and seeing on TV to the middle aged man who tragically passed away from cardiac arrest. Through the last 2 decades in fact, I have never been able to equate the Michael from the Billie Jean and Thriller videos to the one whose images were splashed over the evening news during his legal & financial troubles. He seemed to me two separate individuals, or perhaps it was a case of me preferring to see him as that cute, immensely gifted entertainer dancing along side that pretty girl in the Thriller video. What a sad end to a tremendous and iconic talent, the only consolation is in knowing that the man may be gone but his music will surely live on.


Rest In Peace, Mr. Jackson.

0 comments: